Friday, August 3, 2007

Look What I Did!


Can't believe it but I finally finished my fairies for Cathy's birthday. I started them at the end of February finished them the morning that we were to meet her! It was a little scary washing and ironing the pattern after I had spent so much time on it and not knowing how it would turn out. Andrew kept saying, "Don't do it! It's going to make the colors run." But Decah had given instructions on exactly what to do and it worked! Andrew did the hard part of trimming and framing it which I was very thankful for as I can't cut a straight line to save my life.

To say the least Cathy was very surprised and equally happy when she opened her present. I am sure that it already has a place of honor in her home. And now she can look forward and see her fairies from me and when she looks in a mirror she can her fairies on her back. For those of you who didn't know, the reason I picked this pattern for her is because she has the exact same pattern in a tattoo on her back!

5 comments:

~holly said...

hey lady! good job on the project. and way to finish it up right on time. i've added you're blog to my friends list. i can't wait to hear other exciting stories....

Jennie said...

Hey there! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I will link your page to my blog. I commend you on the cross stitch project. I don't seem to have the patience to things like that. I need intstant gratification on my craft projects.

Jennie said...

Just in case, my blog is www.thefinchers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Like "OH MY GOD!" I cant believe you did that. How cool is that..
I bet you just sighed with relief when it was completed and frame. Have a tall glass, you deserve it. I dont know who Cathy is, but she's lucky to have a friend like you. GREAT JOB, and have fun in the land of plenty.

Eriksgirl said...

Wow! That is amazing!
I am a friend of Holly's, and I am following your travels through her. Not only is she living vicariously through you, but I am too!! :-)