I know most of you were aware that I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have been attempting to make a quilt. Now, please bare in mind that I have never sewed anything in my life before on a machine while you look at these pictures. I have to say I am pretty proud of my first attempt and have really enjoyed every step so far. Except of course for the ripping out of seams! :)
From my first block to the joining the them together it was a real challenge but great fun. Now, I am thinking of adding a strip of border of this blue material to make it a little larger and also to help cool down the hotness of the quilt. Of course all Andrew wants to know is if I will actually finish it before winter is over here.
From my first block to the joining the them together it was a real challenge but great fun. Now, I am thinking of adding a strip of border of this blue material to make it a little larger and also to help cool down the hotness of the quilt. Of course all Andrew wants to know is if I will actually finish it before winter is over here.
Let me know what you think, both good and bad comments are welcomed as this is all a learning experience for me.
4 comments:
the quilt is beautiful! i love it. and i think the addition of the blue material will really MAKE the quilt.
i had to giggle when you were talking about the seam ripper. awwwwwww, the seam ripper, a sewers best friend.
so happy to see a new blog from you! love you guys.
the quilt is beautiful! and i think the addition of the blue material will really enhance it alot.
i had to giggle when i read what you wrote about the ripping out the seams. awwwww, the seam ripper, a sewers best friend!!!
so glad to see a new blog from you. love and miss you guys alot!
Ok I tried the quilting thing before and it was too hard. I would rather run a marathon so I am proud of you.
Wildwing is available on the 10th and after ?????????? After all of that housing stuff where are you living in a hotel or what????? Don't keep me in suspense. Shababa made it through another hunting season! PJ
Nice quilt. You should be very proud of yourself and don't sweat the seam ripper...I used mine three times yesterday!
Post a Comment