I know this first picture doesn't have much to do with traveling (other than I did have to get here first) but isn't Lilly just the cutest!
I felt like I was on the road forever again but it was really only seven weeks. I had such a great time catching up with everyone in Texas. One of my favorite things was the Mother/Daughter banquet for Mother's Day. We are truly blessed to have so many remarkable women in our lives. Of course, it would have been better if all the ladies from our family could have been there but considering the size of our family I think it is great that we got this many together!
We were asked to wear our apron to this banquet which set me in a bit of a predictament as I didn't actually own one. I had hoped to make a couple to bring over but with trying to finish-up Lilly's quilt I just didn't have any spare time. Kimberly didn't have one that she wanted to wear either so I asked her what type of apron she would like if I could make one in time. I know it will be no surprise her response was "an animal print, GRRRR!" I had wanted to make something that would sort of represent the area that I had been in (Kuwait). But I couldn't really think of anyway to tie the two together. The only thing I came up with is the Kuwaiti women really know how to "bling" up things well so I thought I would work on this idea. This is what I created with the help of Holly, who took me to her sewing class and let me borrow her pattern, and Kelly, the sewing teacher, who was very patient with me trying to figure out how to use a paper pattern for the first time.
I had an amazing time just hanging out with the family and spending some real quality time with Mother. Call me spoiled if you want to but I got her all to myself and I wouldn't trade that time for anything!
The other thing I wouldn't trade for the world was getting to spend time with the boys. Unfortunately, Justin and Melanie are in Virginia and I didn't get a chance to visit with them this time. They are getting ready for their wedding ceremony on July 3rd and both are extremely busy with all the plans as you can imagine. It was really wonderful getting to be with Zack, Amber and Lilly and seeing how their little family is growing.
I also got to spend some time with Brandon and Kate and of course there was the immense joy of watching Brandon walk across the stage at graduation. Go Brandon!
We spent time together in both Austin and Dallas and I have to say this might be the hardest part of being so far away. Just being able to share the day-to-day little things with each other. Zack and Lilly came out to the house for lunch one Sunday and had a fun afternoon. No trip is complete without a ride in Uncle Dwight's wagon!
2 comments:
i love this post!!!! our family is the best.
Love the pic of grown up Zack and Lily in the wagon with Uncle Dwight. Also enjoyed all the other pics and notations, what a trip!
Post a Comment