When I left Texas I flew to London and then on to Athens to join Andrew where he was working in Kinetta, Greece. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort right on the seaside. This was the view from our room. Nothing but villas and olive trees with a mountain in the horizon.
Andrew had to work so I suffered through the days by the pool.
In the evenings when Andrew got back to the hotel we usually went for a drink at the bar by the beach where this was the view.
As always, Andrew made a new friend, Dionysus, who told us that he was named after the Greek God of wine, women and merriment. It seemed like a natural choice of professions for him to be a barman!
On the last night in Greece we went into Athens to stay with one of Andrew's work colleagues because we were flying out to France very early the next morning. It was my birthday so they guys took me to a fantastic German restaurant for my birthday dinner! I know, German food in Greece? But they told me it was the best and they were right! In case you are wondering, yes, they do the embarrassing birthday cake sing along in Greece too!
1 comment:
how fun! looks soooooooooooo nice there.
Post a Comment