Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My birthday quilt


My husband has been watching from a distance me enjoying my quilting. I know he has been in the background wondering if he could take my sewing machine for a spin because it has to appeal to his engineering mind. I have offered numerous times but he comes back with the same response. No,no that is something you enjoy.
Well, while I was in Dallas visiting family much to my surprise he was at my sewing machine working on my birthday present. He had never even tried before so he had my quilting friend, Betsy, on speed dial incase the bobbin ran out or he ran into a problem. Of course, he didn't and he completed the entire project on his own. That is pretty impressive considering he had to come up with his own pattern and figure out the dimension to cut out as well as how to compose the quilt. He did it all right down to the binding. I am so proud of him! Plus it is one of my very favorite photos. And I have to say in all the time that we have been together he has rarely gotten my birthday or Christmas present quite right. But this year he really outdid himself. I am so lucky to have a husband that shares some of the same interests that I do and excels in areas that I do not.

3 comments:

alisha said...

That is AWESOME- to say the least! Go Andrew! What a wonderful birthday present to cherish forever!

~holly said...

what an awesome gift. it was beautiful to see in person too.

Jennie said...

Wow! How special!