Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Design wall Monday

I started another french braid top this weekend.  This one is for Ellie in France.  She is the five year old daughter of the couple that is watching over our house in France.  I have only met her a couple of times but I have to say she made quite an impact.  As the adults were standing around debating the merits of a septic tank she became bored with the conversation and said, "we have to go now, I have a date with my boyfriend to go horseback riding!"  I knew then that she and I would probably get on just fine.  Love that spirit!  Anyway, we have some fun ideas to try and incorporate in this top if we have the time to try it before I have to get it quilted and delivered in March.
I was very lucky that Andrew had a long weekend so he was a great help in the quilting room. 
He prefers the cutting and pressing part of the quilting experience  which works out fine with me.  I love being to sit and sew and it makes things go a lot faster!
Hopefully, I will finish this top in a couple of more days and get ready for the applique fun that we are hoping to try out on this one.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I like your fabrics for your braid quilt...and it's always nice to have a helper. I'd rather be sewing too!

Cher said...

The braid is looking great. Always loved the centre fabric you are using.
Did you get enough tops done to get on your quilting machine?

Cassie J said...

Looking good. Love your comment at the top of your blog about Memaw and your love for color, very sweet!

alisha said...

I just love that Andrew helps you so much! :)

Danielle said...

Cher, I have one top completed, the french braid is about 3/4 complete and I am looking at the second french braid top but it will only be a smaller wallhanging version. I would still love to have all three finished and ready to quilt at one time but I fear I am running out of time. One of my friends has her top on the frame so I need to gently encourage her to finish it so I can load mine next week hopefuly.