If you haven't read the previous post, please do so as this one is a continuation! :)
We went to a lot of different places in the Tuscany region but some of my favorites was the Chianti and Castle tours. We did two of these and learned so much about not just wine, but also olive oil, balsamic vinegar and wild boars.
They took their time explaining what it is you should look for, smell and taste which was a lot more than I ever thought imaginable. Here's me thinking if it tastes good drink it!
Everyone got their own plate of samples and we dove in to a tasty treat and some great lessons about local food.
We had the obligatory tour of the wine cellars. I wondered how I could put this on the plane and move it to Kuwait!
But maybe my favorite part of this tour was the story behind the caretaker. When the castle was built in the 16th century the family had a rule that the caretaker could never take a wife as he should be married to his job in order to do it properly. The castle stayed in the family until the early 20th century when they sold to another family and the current caretaker asked the new family if they would consider changing the rule and allowing him to marry. They agreed and two weeks later he married and has been taking care of castle very well and happily ever since. He was such an interesting character to me and what a great story.
Now I know you won't be surprised to hear this one but we had some absolutely amazing food pretty much everywhere we went. I love the italians way of thinking that you eat what is in season so it is always fresh and full of flavor. One of the things that kept running into was on the menu was wild boar and zucchini flowers.
They turned the zucchini flowers into some lovely pasta.
There is so much more to share like our trip to the south by train. Our wonderful experiences in Sorrento and on the Isle of Capri. But that will have to another day.
But here is one last impression of the italians and their sense of style. Even the horses wear designer shoes!
I absolutely love Italy and anytime you want to meet me there let me know. I am much closer now and could make the sacrifice to join you!








1 comment:
Love the pictures and the sharing of what you two did while in Italy! It is the next best thing to being able to go myself. You got some great pictures and I am sure you have many more. Thanks, for sharing your trip.
Post a Comment