Monday, August 4, 2008

Sampler quilt for Mother



This quilt was actually the second one that I completed. After assembling the disappearing nine patch for Andrew I took a beginner's quilting class and this sampler was our class project. I knew that after making Andrew's quilt the next one had to be for my Mother. The class was pretty grueling as it was me and three other ladies who had all been sewing before and couple of them had already had some quilting experience as well. I had a great teacher, Aeisha, who has been quilting for years and she was really patient with me "her special project" and really pushed me to my limits and beyond but I am very thankful for everything I learned. Even though I had a headache after every class I think it was a huge success and my Mother was pleased with her surprise.

1 comment:

~holly said...

this quilt is beautiful. how big is it?