I started an intermediate quilt class on Sunday with the same lady that taught the beginners class I took last winter, Aiesha. She is an amazing teacher and I have to say, very patient!
We are making two quilts in this class. An "around the twist" which should be a full-size and a "Lone Star or Star of Bethlehem" which is supposed to be a crib size but I think I am going to try and enlarge it to a queen. They are both beautiful patterns and I just think if I am going to put that much work into it then I should have two bigger quilts. I am torn between my colours for the Lone star and wouldn't mind some input if you feel like telling me which one you prefer. I think they will both be great. The star is progressive diamonds that make one huge star in the middle with a solid background material. The first set of fabric is done in a series of turqoise and gold. They all have some metallic thread in it and I think with a white background it will be amazing. The second set of fabric is built around the beige piece that has the flowers. The rest of the fabric colours are all taken out of that one fabric. Again, I think it will be an amazing quilt but more fun and bright. I tend to make whimsical quilts and really enjoying working with what I call "happy" fabric. I have to have it all cut out and sewn into strattas before my next class so the decision must be made soon.
http://picasaweb.google.com/dani65652003/IntermediateQuiltProjects102008#
The around the twist we start last Sunday and I have made 35 blocks of snowballs and squares. I went with the blue and yellow because I thought it was the most dramatic fabric and would really shine when it was finished.
You should be able to see the pictures in the above link. If it doesn't work, please let me know.
I have to say I really love sewing much more than I ever thought I would. Now, I just wish I would have started sewing earlier in life. So much fabric, so little time!
2 comments:
i'm so impressed. maybe i should rethink quilting. it just seems very redundant. how do you get past that?
i vote for the first set of fabrics. the blues. i love the blue flowery fabric on the far left. it's just beautiful.
I think I like the second set of fabric you have in the sequence. It is a little more difficult to pick when it is a picture and not the real fabric. I really hope to get to make another quilt some time in the near future.
I like the blue and gold fabric combination you are already working with.
Post a Comment