Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quilt class homework

I have now completed week two of my quilt class and we had an enormous amount of homework this week. Our teacher expects us to complete all eight star points for the Lone Star quilt and attach all the blocks for the Around the Twist top before coming back to class on Sunday! I am now half way with the star points and hope to finish the other four tomorrow. The around the twist should go together easier if I am lucky.
I went fabric shopping today to try and find something to work for the background of the Lone Star quilt but it wasn't easy as they have already put away most of the cottons for the winter. I was hoping for either a brillant white or burgundy to match the flower in the ring on the points. I found something that I think will work and hopefully won't be too hard to work with as well.
I really enjoy the challenge but wonder if I am up to this level yet.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dani65652003/QuiltClassWeekTwo#

3 comments:

~holly said...

hey, can you describe what the first and second pictures are?

Cassie J said...

I finally got it to work so I could see the photos on Picasa. Yeah! WOW on the star quilt. That is a lot of pieces, very impressed you are tackling that, I would be stressed out! Love the colors your using its going to be beautiful. I bet Memaw is watching you and saying "that a girl"

Decah said...

Wow! Both of those patterns look like a lot of fun. Looks like you are doing a good job of matching up the points. As long as you are having fun and enjoying the process, go for it!