Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thanksgiving



We had a great time with the family for Thanksgiving this year. My sister, Kim, and my brother and their families weren't able to make it but we still had 26 people for the day so I think that is a lot to be thankful for. And of course, I was very thankful that Andrew was able to join us at the last minute courtesy of his job sending him to Texas. My niece, Cassie, and her husband Wayne (Hamish) were really gracious hosts that opened their home to our brood which I know can sometimes be an overwhelming task when we all get together!

The women spent most of their time in the house making all sorts of yummy treats while the guys did the hard part of watching out over the neighborhood.



But we all mingled well and I think everyone had a really good time. I know that I was very great grateful for my time with the family. My youngest son, Brandon, and his girlfriend Kate came by in the afternoon and it was really wonderful to be able to see him and hear all about what he has been up to recently.

Before we all left for the day my Mother had her picture made in my sister, Decah's, harley jacket which I think turned out to be a great pic. My Mother the motorcycle momma! I hope I'm half as cool as she is when I'm her age.



After Andrew finished up his work in Austin we took two weeks of vacation for Christmas and are heading to Vancouver to spend the holiday with the Houstons.

2 comments:

alisha said...

Oh my goodness that pic of Grandma! I missed that! It is a good pic too! :)

And we did have a great Thanksgiving! And guess what- TJ DOES get car sick! That was just the first of it! But he's been better again the last few weeks. We've found that cracking his window helps him a lot. As does making sure he's not dressed cute when we go anywhere! He only wants to get sick on his cute clothes!

~holly said...

i thought i left a comment on this post when you first put it up!!!!

well, i love the all the pictures. it looks like your christmas holiday was filled with family and love. and that's what counts, right?

love the pics of the snow!!!