I have since whipped up a summer bag that I think will be cute to take to Padre on our girls trip.
Along the way, after I finished the top for my 3D Mariner's Compass (which I finally got around to showing to our quilt group here)I started a new quilt.
It's a Hexagon Kaleidoscope quilt. I wasn't sure about my skill level on this one either but it has really turned out to be a lot of fun. I think that the most interesting part for me is taking a peice of material that you might not normally be attracted to and seeing what it comes out like. You'll see what I mean.
This is the fabric I chose to work with for this project. Not really something I would have picked normally.
Then you cut it up into what feels like a million triangles to assemble into half hexagon blocks.
Then you place them into strips which will eventually end up in full hexagon blocks.
Then the fun part begins. You have to assemble the half hexagon's into strips which can make your eyes go cross trying to to keep them in order! But I am almost there and here is the process.
I am hoping to finish the top today and maybe get the borders attached if I am really industrious and have the fabric I need in my stash already.
I am running out of time and still have an apron to make!
5 comments:
Okay. That last quilt is completely awesome! I so want to learn to do that!
I think that purse is so perfect for your Padre trip as well, and the other quilt turned out great too! But I just LOVE that last one! That is just so cool!
I concur! That last quilt is really cool...and I'm not really a big quilt person. And I definitely see how putting that together can make you go cross-eyed.
totally agree with the previous two posts. the last quilt is really really amazing. absolutely amazing! can't wait to see the purse in person!
Love the quilt! I have got to make time for quilting!! I am hoping now that I have my flower beds in I will have some time.
WOW that is an awesome quilt! Love it!
Post a Comment