Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sewing frustrations

Well, I finally mustered up the courage to load Brandon's quilt on the quilting frame and start quilting it. This is very intimidating to me as I have really only every quilted one quilt on my own but I knew I had no more excuses since Andrew bought the frame for me for my birthday.
I was plugging along fine and got all of one border done when it was time to start in the meat of the quilt and my machine started playing up. I don't know exactly what the problem is but the bobbin keeps jamming up and I have cleared it several times and even changed the bobbin a couple of times. So, after some crying and even a little cussing and foot stomping I had Andrew help me take the machine off the frame so I could try and troubleshoot it before having to take it into the shop.
After I did everything I could think of I thought I would try a simple project and picked up the french braid that I started at Jawana's house last time I was there. I have half a braid done and already I can tell this may be my favorite quilt yet. I think that it is really going to be very dramatic when I get it all finished.

I guess the good news is that my machine seems to running fine so I will try and load it back on the frame tomorrow and start quilting on Brandon's quilt again. I am hoping to have it finished sometime next week.

2 comments:

~holly said...

oooooooh! that french braid is cool. glad the machine is working fine now.

alisha said...

I HATE sewing frustrations!!! I spent 3 hours the other night (for the 2nd time in a month now) trying to figure out what to sew! My fabrics wouldn't speak to me again! It makes me so mad!
Any sewing frustrations are just HORRIBLE!!! When my machine broke, it was just awful! I hope everything works great for you now!!!