Monday, November 9, 2009

Sewing Sundays



Started up a sewing group on Sunday mornings with some of my closest friends. There are only six of us and we all have different styles and tastes so it is always very intersting to get together and see what each other is working on and how we are going about it. I have plently of room as I moved my sewing room into the downstairs living areas and will have to post more pics of it when I get a minute. As you can see from the picture, some of us are more creative than others! This is my dear friend, Sally, from England and she was trying to cut out her kaleidoscope strips but it's not easy when you have to do the entire width of fabric so she just hopped on the table and had no problems with getting through it. The other lady is Meg, she is one of my Texas friends and usually enjoys doing quilting by hand. I am going fabric shopping with Meg tomorrow to help her find a fabric she likes for a kaledioscope and then we will be working on the same quilt out of different fabrics. Should be interesting to see how they turn out.

4 comments:

~holly said...

how fun! i want that big table and i want a big ol' room to put it in!

alisha said...

Looks like fun! And ditto to what my big sis said!

Cassie J said...

That is a very funny pic! I love the header pic on your blog!!

Danielle said...

I am very lucky, I know. Andrew had that table made up for my sewing room. It is 2 meters square (6'8"). The really great thing is it will fit in our sewing room in France as well! Me too, Cas, just wish we were there now!