Friday, November 27, 2009

Rainy day project


It's Friday, it's Eid and it's raining! Sew, what better way to spend my time than a little project. I bought this fabric when I was in Texas last year and just never got around to doing anything with it. Any guesses on what I decided to make with the fun fabric? I bought two meters of each and wish I had splashed out more for the cording. I only made one mistake along the way which was not fussy cutting the ornament strips the first time. And after a couple of hours of sewing here is my new Christmas handbag.

6 comments:

The Gills said...

You are too cute. I do love that ornament fabric and the fact that with sewing you can start and finish a medium sized project in a day!

Craftcherry said...

Thanks for stopping by! The more the merrier. That is a fantastic bag!! LOVE the fabric!!

~holly said...

that's cute! i need a purse like that. or at least the pattern? what's fussy cutting?

Danielle said...

You know "fussy cut" may be a quilter term but it just means when you want to get a specific pattern out of the fabric. ie the pointy ornaments versus the round ones in this instance.

alisha said...

LOVE IT!

Jennie said...

Love the new bag...that is one of my favorite sewing projects...handbags.