Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Is it wrong to love your quilt?


I know pictures don't really do things justice but if you could see this quilt up close you would understand the way I feel! It is absolutely beautiful. The border fabric is the same colors as the chevrons and there is a metallic gold thread that runs through it. I am going to use the same border fabric for the back to continue the feel and probably bind it with it as well. I am also contemplating quilting it with the coordinating colored thread for each chevron with some sort of light quilting pattern. It will take a lot longer than usual but I am hoping that it will be a quilt that I can enter into the international quilt show in Dubai come February.

4 comments:

The Gills said...

Goodness it has been a while since I caught up with your last four blogs. Your quilt looks very intricate and sounds like it would be beautiful to see in person. I wish I had a crafting time each week with a group of friends. I think that is wonderful that you are able to do that! Happy Thanksgiving!!

~holly said...

wow. that quilt is beautiful and it is def not wrong to love your quilt. *i* love it!

Danielle said...

Now, I am trying to figure out what to do for the back. Thought about just using the border fabric for the entire back but also thinking about working in the individual colors as well. Too many options! Don't think I would have this many worries if I was just going to hang it on a wall instead of entering it into a competition. Too much pressure!!!

Cassie J said...

Well I guess I haven't been reading blogs latley because I haven't seen this post and any later dates. Quilt looks really cool, anxious to hear how the contest goes, super fun!