So this was from my first day at the free motion quilting workshop. It is amazing to me what just simple doodling and some practice can produce! These are mostly feathers, peacock feathers, flower, a couple of hearts and some leaves. Don't worry if you are having a hard time picking out anything specific. It was just a practice piece!
And this week for my art quilt class I spent six hours, from the time Andrew left for work until he came back home again working on this part of the statute. That's right, you can't really tell too much of the detail yet because it is so small but that is actually two rows of tiles at the bottom. I just couldn't believe it when Andrew walked through the door and I realized that I had been at this project for a day and this was all I had to show for it. But the pieces are so small that you have to place them using tweezers and then trying to get them ironed on in the right place is not always the easiest of tasks. But believe me, trying to remove them is even harder!I am still trying to figure out how to get about another six hours out of my day. Twenty four just doesn't seem like enough these days!
3 comments:
I think your doodling is gorgeous! And I am so excited about this statue! Keep the updates coming!
ok. here's what you do. you sleep, eat, and sew/quilt. do nothing else. then you'll magically have those extra 6 hours back into your day.
love love love the work you are doing.
Cool doodling. Wish I could see the statue in person.
Post a Comment