After Vancouver Andrew had a defense trade show in Fort Worth so I took advantage of the open days to spend time with Zack, Amber and the kids. I couldn't wait to see them all. When we were at the aquarium in Vancouver we bought a few trinkets to bring to the kids and as we were leaving Andrew spied this sippy cup with animals on them that moved and made noises and nothing doing but he was buying one for Lilly. He said, "what's the point in having grandkids if you can't spoil them!" Isn't he cute? So, I took Lilly her cup and showed her how the dolphin fins moved and made little noises and she wouldn't put it down after that.
Of course I was very excited to meet our newest member of the family, Brody Tyler, who is a little doll but of course I am very biased. The first week we were there he was still pretty much just looking around and not too interactive yet but the next week he was making noises and blowing bubbles and you could really start to see his little personality coming out even at that early age.
Lilly turned three in April so I asked Meagan to make a tutu for her and she absolutely loves it! She calls it her "tutu train" and wears it everywhere. She also made some great burp cloths and a wipey cover in sports fabric for Brody.
One of the last days we were there we met up with them and Mother was with me for some yummy Tex Mex and they finally came up with my grandparent name. For the longest time we thought it would be "Bubbles" which is okay but I like what they thought up much better. So, for the next generation it looks like I will be "Nana". Zack calls me Nana banana but I don't care! I think it helps Lilly remember me better.
I also got to go and see Brandon perform the lead in a play while we were there which was really good. It was called "In a Northern Landscape" and Mother went with me to see it. It was a very dark play as the subject matter was about incest in a small rural family and at the end of the play Brandon is killed but I am still glad I got to see him perform they all did a really good job.
Then the week before I flew out Claudia and I went to Austin for a couple of days and met up with Brandon for dinner in San Marcos. It was really good sit down with him and hear all about his school year and plans for the summer.
It was so good to see the two boys and I wish I would have been able to catch up with Justin too but it just wasn't going to work into this trip. Hopefully, soon though.
The night before I flew out I got to have dinner with Jawana and Kimberly at Carraba's and it was a lot of fun. I really miss my sister time and wish I could go with them this weekend to San Antonio because I know how much fun everyone is going to have and don't want to miss out on it.
Cassie came up to Dallas the weekend before I left and spent the night just in time to see the new litter of kitties. I thought this picture was too cute not to share. I was also the lucky recipient of some great clothes that she didn't want anymore. Thanks Cassie they are going to work out great in europe next week.
2 comments:
Love the picture of Lilly in her tutu train! Brodie sure looks a lot like Zack did when he was little. Looks like a full packed trip as usual.
What a great post! Looks like you had a really good time! Love all the great pics! I think the one of Cassie, Grandma, and the kitten might be my favorite though! They might not be adorable little kids, but that really is a great picture!
Post a Comment