I know I am way behind in my blog but I just haven't got back into the groove since returning from europe this trip. I forgot to take my camera with me to Switzerland and was hoping to download some pics from the other three ladies that went but haven't had a chance to do that yet. Luckily, Sabine, who is over new market was our contact in Steckborn sent through a few that the bernina staff took of us so I have something to share now.
This is a picture of us in front of the Bernina 830 car which is actually what the president of bernina, Hanspeter Ueltschi, drives as his car if you can believe it! We were very lucky as he came into the creative center one afternoon while we there and took a few minutes to visit with us and ask us about our likes and dislikes of the machines and how they could help us in Kuwait to better utilize our machines. I have to say everyone at Bernina were very welcoming and seemed sincerely willing to help us learn as much as possible during our time there.
We worked on three projects in our four days and most of our days were very intense learning sessions as we spent an average of eight hours sewing. Our first project involved learning how to use some new feet (to me anyway). We created six squares using various techniques and then turned those six squares into great bags. Here's mine.
I'm thinking it's going to be great for fabric shopping!
Then we did an embroidery project on the 440 which was fun too. After that we spent two days on the 830. Our project for the 830 was a lap top bag but we ran out of time and I need to finish assembling that now that I am back with my machine. My biggest challenge will be the zipper as I have never put one in anything but I am hoping that one of the ladies here will help me with that.
And yes, I am smiling here as I was enjoying every minute but I have to admit that my head was bursting by the end of the day and I just know I didn't take as good of notes as I should have! Our teacher in the creative center was Rosemarie and she was absolutely amazing. She was very patient and thorough in her teaching method. She worked with everyone on their level which was very helpful as I was the least experienced in the group.
Now, lest you think that all we did was work (which was after all what we went for) Sabine was very nice and took us over the German border one night to have dinner. It was really, really good! But what isn't to like about meat and potatoes, eh? The last night she took us to a lovely village close to where she lives for a traditional Swiss fondue night. Traditionally, fondue is more of a winter food but they were great and served it up for our group anyway. Wow, have to say it was the best fondue ever and if I get back to Switzerland again one day I will definitely be enjoying it again.
It was a totally amazing experience and one that I am very thankful for and wish everyone could have for themselves.






2 comments:
Love that little car! :) Someone near us has one of those little things and we see it quite a bit.
LOVE the new fabric shopping bag! That thing is big and AWESOME! I'd be in big trouble if I filled up that thing and headed for the checkout!
What a wonderful experience!!!! Very envious. I totally get how your head could be bursting because I'm the same way when I take a class that typically only covers one thing. Super cool that you had the opporutnity and experience.
Post a Comment