
I took a break from making quilt tops when my machine started acting up and decided to try some smaller projects. A friend of mine makes these great hand bags and once she taught me I really had a lot of fun making them. There are three different sizes and I have to say the smaller ones are the hardest because the pieces are difficult for me to handle. The middle size with the ribbons on it is my bag and the rest are all for gifts. There really isn't a lot of work in it once you get the hang of them.
http://picasaweb.google.com/dani65652003/HandBags
6 comments:
Love the purses and the hearts in the cabin!!! Where do I place my order?
Love, Love, Love the purses and the hearts in the cabin quilt. Where do I place my order?
i would love to learn how to make these. do you have a pattern you might could share? these purses are so cute.
i have another question for you about the purses. what is the trim in between the two fabrics on the black/red purse and the green/blue purse?
MY GOODNESS! Someone has been a busy, busy bee. : ) They all look wonderful. I broke out my sewing machine this weekend to fix a hole in one of Josh's pockets and to hem up some pants that I've been putting off. Now I'm to the fun stuff. I got a pattern to make canvas weekend tote bags for my bridesmaids, but I was way to busy to make them myself and ended up ordering them, so I thought I would make one for myself with the supplies that I had purchased. It's slow going because I am trying to enlarge the pattern. I'm trying to be really careful and measure everything two or three times so that I don't make any big mistakes. I think it'll be really nice when I finsh it. I'm going to add an inside pocket and line it with some nice fabric. I'll have to post a picture of it when I'm finished, but it may be a while.
LOVE these purses! Where could I get my hands on that pattern??? The blue and green one, and then the pink, yellow, and blue one are my two favorites! I just love all the fabrics you get too!
Post a Comment