Monday, March 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday

They were too big to fit on my design wall at 90 inches each in length but this is what I have been working on for the last week.  Sorry the quality of the picture is not the greatest.  The middle squares are from the Laurel Burch collection and I just love these horses.  The pattern is from the book 'French Braids' by Jane Hardy Miller and once you get into the mindset they really go together well.  This is similar to the quilt I did for the Dubai International Quilt Show but I added in the blues this time to get more length to fit a bed.  I am working on the separator bands today which I decided to do out of the same fabric I used in the small squares with black piping on both sides.  Then I am onto the borders.  The sides and bottom will be out of the coordinating Laurel Burch fabric and the top is an applique design that Andrew thought up and made out the for me.  I haven't had a lot of applique experience but after he put all that work into figuring out the dimension I just feel like I have to give it a go.  Wish me luck!  Please be sure to check out what everyone else on their design walls on Judy's page.  http://www.patchworktimes.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt. Looking forward to seeing it all put together.

Ardelia

Denise :) said...

Beautiful!! Love the bold colors! :)

Ivani said...

This quilt will be gorgeous! Good lucky with the appliqué part.

Cathy said...

That will be beautiful when done. Don't be afraid of the applique, it really isn't difficult to do. What method of applique were you planning to use?

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful braids! Look forward to seeing how you will sew them together!

Judy Laquidara said...

That is going to be so pretty. Please show us a picture when it's done. Love the colors too!

Teaquilts said...

Like colors too. The black piping adds so much to the baids.

Jamie in Louisiana said...

STUNNING!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

alisha said...

Oh I am loving this one! It's so colorful!!! Gorgeous!

Cher said...

Danielle, I am loving this quilt!! As I sit drinking my tea from my Laurel Burch mug. How are you planning on doing your applique? email if you need to.

Cher in BC